Privacy statement CodeBuddies
The Fair Trade Software Foundation ensures that everyone can have the same opportunities, worldwide. Anyone can take care of this. This sustainability initiative makes it essential for The Fair Trade Software Foundation to work with other developers who are eager to help and participate. Everyone is therefore also welcome, individual involved or on behalf of a company.
- Your involvement is very important to us if, for example, you:
- Can explain different types of tech
- She talks about the European Software industry Collaborate
- with them on a small project
- Know someone who might want to participate Help
- us by raising awareness of this initiative
- Are a developer who likes to have a mentor
Your Personal Data
With this privacy data we want to inform you how carefully we handle your personal data. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about this. This privacy statement – last amended on 01-01-2021 – applies to the use of personal data by The Fair Trade Software Foundation.
Depending on the situation, the following categories of personal data may be processed by The Fair Trade Software Foundation:
- initials, first name and last name;
- gender, date of birth, place of birth;
- address details, telephone number, e-mail address;
- IP address;
- any other personal data that you actively provide when requesting to participate in an activity, or when registering for a meeting.
We are responsible for your personal data
The Fair Trade Software Foundation is responsible for the careful use, archiving and deletion of your personal data. This means that we treat your personal data confidentiality and have taken measures to protect your personal data and delete it when we no longer need it for our work.
The personal data is processed by:
The Fair Trade Software Foundation
Verrijn Stuartlaan 20
2288 EL, RIJSWIJK
T: 070 427 7555
Chamber of Commerce number: 27165153
Personal data officer :
Ms. YE (Yasmine) Engels
When do we receive your personal data?
The Fair Trade Software Foundation receives your personal data the moment you provide data to us via our website, email or by telephone. In addition, we may receive your data if, for example, you:
- Want to become a CodeBuddy
- Have scheduled a video call with our project manager
- Want to stay informed by subscribing to one of our newsletters. We receive your initials, first name, last name and email address with your permission.
Of course you can also unsubscribe from this.
The Fair Trade Software Foundation only processes personal data for good, effective improvement of services that contribute to the realization of our program. This concerns the following purposes:
- informing and sending material about our activities;
- recruiting participants for our activities;
- research into the impact and perception of our activities;
- sustainable and coordinated involvement of our active network of participants in our program.
The Fair Trade Software Foundation processes certain personal data based on at least one of the following principles as referred to in Article 6 of the GDPR
- Consent of the data
- subjects Legal obligation
Provision to third parties
With our program The Fair Trade Software Foundation brings people into contact with each other for participation, introduction and knowledge sharing. The Fair Trade Software Foundation may also exchange personal data with third parties. For example:
- You voluntarily join our program as CodeBuddy. For this, data will be exchanged with the African developer.
- In the event of a legal obligation
The Fair Trade Software Foundation will not provide personal data for commercial purposes.
How long do we keep your personal data?
The Fair Trade Software Foundation will not process your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes that we mention in this privacy statement. This means that your personal data will be kept for as long as they are necessary to achieve the relevant goals. We use different retention periods depending on the nature of the situation.
Furthermore, your data will be deleted if you are no longer part of our active network. Is there or has been:
- Participation in an activity, campaign or program without a financial aspect? Then we store personal data for 4 years.
- Contact in the context of recruiting participants or an information request? Then we store personal data for a maximum of 2 years.
- Contact in the context of an application, or other clearly one-time contact moment? Then we store personal data for a maximum of 3 months.
How do we secure your data?
We believe it is important that your personal data is protected against loss or unauthorized access of your personal data. Therefore, The Fair Trade Software Foundation has taken the following measures:
- measures to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems;
- measures aimed at the timely restoration of the availability of and
- We have adequate procedures for periodically evaluating the effectiveness of the security measures taken (including security audits).
On a technical level, we have taken the following measures:
- Two-factor authentication, logging, up-to-date firewalls and virus scanners, software against malware attacks, periodic backups, software and procedures that alert the controller or processor to the impending expiry of a retention period.
In addition, we have taken the following organizational measures:
- limiting the circle of officials who have access to certain personal data to those persons who need the data for the performance of their duties;
- granting these persons access to only personal data that they need for the performance of their duties;
- agreeing a confidentiality clause with a penalty clause with all persons to whom access to personal data will be granted;
- the storage of personal data on servers in a closed space;
- keeping paper files in lockable cabinets;
- creating information security awareness among employees;
- establish clear protocols and procedures for handling information security incidents and security vulnerabilities in a timely and effective manner;
- keeping adequate supervision of compliance with protocols and laws and regulations.
Your rights when it comes to your personal data
- You have the right to request access, correction or removal or transfer of your personal data.
- When you make a request, we first want to assess whether we can handle your request. This is possible, for example, if we can establish your identity or if you made a similar request more than six months ago.
- We can refuse your request if the rights of third parties outweigh. We will then explain in writing why we are unable to comply with the request.
- You have the Right of Resistance. This means that you can object to the use by Competa IT of your data for charitable purposes.
- You always have the option to submit a complaint about the use of personal data by Competa IT. Both with us and with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Do you have questions about the above privacy statement or do you want to make a request about the processing of your personal data? Please contact:
The Fair Trade Software Foundation
Verrijn Stuartlaan 20
2288 EL, RIJSWIJK
070 427 7555